[Amps] Solid state relay question

Vic Rosenthal rakefet@rakefet.com
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 21:24:11 -0700

I have a Henry Radio SS750 solid-state amp that runs on 14v at about 100 amps
max.  I'm using a pair of Astron 70-amp power supplies in parallel (they have a
sense input that permits this) to power the amp.  These are the 230-volt
versions of the RS70A.  I have been using this setup for a couple of years.

I recently installed a 25a 250v rated solid state relay in the 230-volt line to
make it easier to control the supplies from my operating position.  Since then
I've randomly blown fuses in the supplies -- not when turning them on, but when
keying the rig.  Note that the fuses are in the supplies, after the relay.

Does anyone have any idea why this would happen?

Vic K2VCO