[Amps] Solid state relay question

Vic Rosenthal rakefet@rakefet.com
Sun, 16 Jun 2002 09:00:50 -0700

wwd@netheaven.com wrote:

> That implies you have rf in the shack. Is this 'excessive' rf? May be time
> to unhook those caps temporarily and redo the rf distribution until the
> relays no longer kick out. FWIW.

You know, I don't think it's that kind of problem.  The antenna I was using is a
quad with a balun and I have absolutely no trouble with any other device in the
shack -- computer, keyer, TNC, FM radio, anything.  I suspect that the power
lines are just picking up a certain amount of RF from the antenna.  Now if it
only happened with my inverted-L or vertical, then I would suspect RF in the
shack.

Vic K2VCO