[Amps] RE: [Amps] 8877 Max Grid Current

Steve Katz stevek@jmr.com
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 08:57:54 -0700

In my 8877 homebrew amps, I've always found that with high enough Ep and
heavy loading, I could produce "legal limit" output with very little grid
current, typ. 50mA.  Lower Ep, more Ig.  Looser loading, more Ig.  If I had
to set a trip-out of some sort, I'd probably set it at 150mA if Ep = 4kV and
200mA if Ep = 3.5kV

WB2WIK/6

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." -
Mario Andretti