[Amps] Henry 2k p.s. questions

Richard 2@mail.vcnet.com
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 11:04:50 -0800

>I did remove the HV lead from the RFdeck, and it still blows the primary
>fuses.

Divide and conquer - the granite foundation of logical troublshooting.

>Is it possible that the choke could be going bad?

yes

>I don't have a hi-pot tester to test the choke or rectifers, but can I use a
>variable 0-15vdc p.s. with a current limiter to test the fwd and reverse
>action of the rectifiers?

Fwd, yes.  Reverse takes a high-pot tester.  My guess is that the problem
is moisture absorbption in either the HV xfmr or the choke, or both.
Potting might fix the leakage path if the coke and xfmr are dried out in
the oven before potting.  Since the cost of laminating resin is only c.
$5, potting might be worth a try before phoning Peter W. Dahl.

good luck, Eric

www.vcnet.com/measures.
end