[Amps] SB-220 metering

Wt8r@aol.com Wt8r@aol.com
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 18:55:35 EST

In a message dated 3/22/02 4:59:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
n4zr@contesting.com writes:

> My SB-220 has quietly, undramatically lost relative power and HV metering.
> The grid metering function still works fine on the same meter, and I'll be
> darned if I can see anything burned, or any common components in the HV and
> relative power metering circuits.  What am I missing?
>
> 73, Pete N4ZR

Peter,

I recently repaired a SB-220 with symptoms like you describe.  No apparent
damage was visible in the metering circuit.

The problem was with the high resistance 2 Watt resistors (I think there were
4) in the metering string...one had opened up without visible physical
evidence and indicated that NO high voltage was present when, indeed, the
total high voltage was there but not metered due to the open 2W resistor.
Replace the resistors in the HV metring string and it probably will fix your
problem.

73  de

Dave, WT8R

multipart/alternative