[Amps] RE. NC-2000

KG4KZG@aol.com KG4KZG@aol.com
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 23:16:55 EST

Tom, Not having seen the band switch on your amp I can't say for sure but on
my SB-200 I changed the contact from another ceramic wafer, the rotating
portion was ok. The rivet can be drilled out (with care ceramic is brittle)
and a 4-40 screw and nut to retain the contact. The switch has been fine for
a couple years now. When someone on the Heath reflector was offering to sell
me a used or rebuilt wafer for $35 figured why not do it myself being I had
some new ceramic switches in the junk box. Needless to say one switch became
a sacrificial lamb.
Hope this may help you.
73 de Dale
KG4KZG