[Amps] Re: [Amps] Re: [Amps] BirdŽ 43 Manual

Paul Christensen w9ac@arrl.net
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 11:00:00 -0500

> This is the point that I have been trying to get across. A bird meter acts
> as a directional coupler with isolation between forward and reflected only
> when the load is a pure 50 ohm resistance.

I don't think this point needs repeating.  There has never been an argument here.  See my conclusions from the four-step test I
conducted.  I would still like to know:

1) Where power is being dissipated when a fully charged automobile battery is zero-resistance shorted across it's terminals?

2) Where 20-amps at 13.8 VDC of transceiver power is being dissipated in the absence of a transmission line or load?

-Paul, W9AC