[Amps] Re: [Amps] Re: [Amps] Re: [Amps] Re: [Amps] Re: [ Amps] BirdŽ 43 Manual

w8ron@stratos.net w8ron@stratos.net
Sun, 31 Mar 2002 11:38:04 -0600 (CST)

> > No.  Watt meters that hams and most engineers use at RF measure
either
> > voltage or Current.  They do not measure *power*.  Given the
voltage or
> > current, analog meters use a graphical conversion (called a meter
scale) to
> > equivalent power given under the assumption of a matched
> > termination.  Digital meters also perform a conversion in
firmware.  None
> > of these devices measure *power*.
>
> My example is relevant without the need of the Bird wattmeter.  I
fully accept the fact that the directional coupler samples RF
> voltage.  I'll respond to you as I did with Steve.  Namely, in the
absence of a load on a loss-less line, any and all reflected
> power is being absorbed by the fixed-impedance source (i.e.,
broadband PA).

> If reflected power is not absorbed by the source, where is absorbed?
>
> -Paul, W9AC

Hi Paul.
You statement is correct if the line is defined as lossless.
---
Ron