[Amps] Re: Alpha 374 Transformer Needed

Phil Clements philk5pc@tyler.net
Thu, 9 May 2002 16:47:52 -0500

Subject: [Amps] Re: Alpha 374 Transformer Needed

I need some help with the restoration of a beautiful Alpha 374. It's complete
except for the transformer and I was shocked that both Alpha and Peter Dahl had
no source for this part. Someone out there please point me in the right
direction. 73, Gerd, W2ISB.

Hi Gerd and the gang on AMPS,

I suggest you do what the Alpha 77SX owners have been doing ....
Order a more robust transformer from Dahl and mount it in a nice
box that can be tucked away in a closet or under the ops. table.
Most table-top amps of that vintage had compromize components
to make it all fit in a table-top box. IMO, this will enhance the value
and reliability of the 374, and if the potting option is ordered, should
last for many years.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC