[Amps] Silver plating

Wt8r@aol.com Wt8r@aol.com
Sat, 11 May 2002 18:41:22 EDT

In a message dated 5/11/02 4:03:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
garyschafer@attbi.com writes:

> I bought a little electroplating kit a year or so ago (never tried it yet)
> from a
> QST add. I think it was Texas platers. They have silver, nickel gold and a
> little
> brush that you hook to a battery. Kind of a slow process? I don't know how
> thick
> it is supposed to go on. I think the cost was around $15.00 to $30.00?
>
> 73
> Gary  K4FMX

Brush plating is really only meant for fixing small defects in surfaces which
have already been plated.  Brush plating deposits only a very thin coating of
material and really isn't suitable to high powered tank coils.

73 de

Dave, WT8R

multipart/alternative
  text/html