[Amps] Re: [Amps] Nonsense

i4jmy@iol.it i4jmy@iol.it
Thu, 16 May 2002 15:17:48 +0200

Hi leon,

sorry, to point it out but your sarcastical reply and the hetherodine
example doesn't fit.

Take a simple oscillation (any kind) and explain us how a sub harmonic
oscillation of can be produced by the fundamental.
If you can, then is the day I learn something new.
Until that moment I stay and insist.

Harmonic:
1 : OVERTONE; especially : one whose vibration frequency is an integral
multiple of that of the fundamental b : a flutelike tone produced on a
stringed instrument by touching a vibrating string at a nodal point
2 : a component frequency of a complex wave (as of electromagnetic
energy) that is an integral multiple of the fundamental frequency

In the Hetherodyne (super and infra) of two signals, 6 and 8 in your
example, 2 is not a sub-harmonic likewise 14 is an not an harmonic,
they are the well known amplitude modulation products of two carrier
signals.

73,
Mauri I4JMY