[Amps] Mica specs

kb9cry@attbi.com kb9cry@attbi.com
Thu, 23 May 2002 13:17:59 +0000

I have just obtained an SB-1000 that I plan to use on
160M so I would like to ease future pains and replace
the mentioned doorknobs with micas.  As Phil has
suggested below, would someone looka at their schematic
and let me know the mica specs or PNs so I can order
them before I have problems.  Reply direct please, tnx
in advance, Phil  KB9CRY

I no longer have a manual for the SB-1000, but
there are door knob caps to pad the tune and load
variable caps when operating on 160 meters. These
will get hot, and start drifting on value, making power
output vary up and down after initial tune-up. The
Ameritron equivalent to the SB-1000 (single 3-500Z)
uses mica caps instead of door knobs and cures all
the problems. Just order them from Ameritron. Perhaps
someone on the reflector can look up the part numbers
in their Ameritron manual for you.