[Amps] Sale of CB amps on eBay

wb4mnf wb4mnf@atl.org
Sun, 26 May 2002 22:33:50 -0400

Reason for ebay response is they are getting fed up with
misinformation from the radio police.

They pulled my Siltronix 1011C listing because some A$$hole
told them it was an unlawful CB rig.

My response to ebay was that they are causing harm to myself and the
bidders by acting on incorrect information from the 'radio police'.
Proof provided in a copy of the datasheet from the manufacturer
stating "receive only" on 11m.

A quest in the company of idiots is not easy undertaking.

Stuff built prior to the requirements for certification.
i.e. Johnson Thunderbolt amp (works great on 11m)m Johnson
Ranger, 11m bandswitch position, etc. does not require said certification.

The CB amps are not that big a problem anyway. It's the damn
jackrabbit TV broadcasters, the long range cordless phones,
and the 10 year lightbulbs that are giving me grief on the bands.

-bob
wb4mnf