[Amps] ceramic caps

John Lyles jtml@lanl.gov
Mon, 27 May 2002 13:58:54 -0600

Draloric (Germany), and Morgan Electroceramics/Unilator Division (UK)
are a couple of good manufacturers. I have used Draloric for years
with RF heaters, amplifiers, transmitter cavities, mostly for
blockers and bypasses. Both can be gotten from Richardson Electronics
as well as direct.

>Message: 8
>Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 14:49:56 +0100
>To: amps@contesting.com
>From: Philip de Cadenet <phil@transmittersrus.com>
>Subject: [Amps] High Voltage Mica Cap's
>
>Other than Cornell-Dubillier and HEC can anyone recommend any other
>manufacturers of this capacitor type?
>
>(((73)))
>--
>Philip de Cadenet G4ZOW

Adding my 2 cents:
I asked HEC to design a custom ceramic blocker, for 100 kW 2.8 MHz
amplifier. It is in the plate circuit, and is big. Rated for 20-25 kV
DC and 0.02 uF or something like that. It wasn't cheap, about $500
US, and it took a long time. The contacts are made with a metallized
ring, tapped around the circumference, with bunch of 8-32 tapped
holes. Looks like a black disk about 200 mm diameter. Two of these
have been on the air since 1998 without any problems.

K5PRO
John