[Amps] 2 x 8877 amp

Martin, Maximo Maximo.Martin@icm.siemens.com
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 16:02:58 -0500

Hi everybody,

ULVIN is the name company of the TREMENDUS amplifiers worldwide know. The
owner is EA2EB, Angel.

The top of the line is the TREMENDUS IV. It's an amplifier running 2 x 8877.
Under request Angel can supply the TREMENDUS IV Special. The Special edition
has a different power supply with the main AC to three phase 380 V (standard
in Europe) and higher output voltages. The regular edition has an output
power of 5Kw CW/SSB. The Special edition reaches up to 1 or 2 Kw more.

You can listen with ease on 40 meters weekends the Tremendus gang net with
tremendous signals all the world around.

http://www.arrakis.es/~ulvinsl/eng/index.htm

73, DX Max - EA1DDO/W4

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Tope [mailto:W4EF@dellroy.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 3:12 PM
To: Terry Gaiser; Rob Atkinson, K5UJ; amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 2 x 8877 amp

If you could get the efficiency up to 70%, then you might
be able to squeeze out 10000W peaks if you had a 14 KW
ICS power supply (3300 Volts x 4.3 amps peak). With
a two-tone signal x 70% efficiency, the Pd would only
be 2140 watts average (4280 W peak).  Dunno about
tube dynamics, however. Does an 8877 cathode emit
enough electrons to support 2 to 3 amp anode current
peaks and can it handle that much instantaneous
dissipation? Five KW CW output certainly doesn't seem
too outrageous if the power supply is good.

As far as running this thing off of 115 VAC, I'd really
like to see that (125 amps peak?)!