Fw: [Amps] Relay contact burnisher

skipp isaham nospam4me@juno.com
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 07:16:48 -0800

Hi Eric,
-
There is/was a line of pro burnishing files, sticks, bars of
burnish "soap" and similar products made which have
now faded into history.
-
Your in luck...  GC Electronics sells simple relay contact
burnishing "files" which are cheap and work well. I have
two current models here...  and they are in stock at
many better electronics stores.  Email me if you need
the actual part numbers and I'll retrieve them from the
file cases in my office.
-
About 1/3 the size of nail file... I know of and have two
different sizes.
-
cheers
skipp
-

--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: MorgusMagnificen@aol.com

Many years ago Western Electric made and distributed a variety of contact

burnishing tools, which were a valuable commodity in the era of
relay-switched telephone systems. I am urgently trying to locate one of
those
tools, particularly one with a skinny blade that I can get down into a
cramped area where I have a funky relay that is a nightmare to remove.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who knows where there are some of
these laying around for sale or ????

Eric von Valtier  K8LV

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com