[Amps] LP filter effects

Joe Giacobello, K2XX k2xx@swva.net
Sat, 16 Nov 2002 10:25:33 -0500

Steve, my experience with the Drake LPF's is that after sustained use at
1.5 KW, they start to fail.  Probably capacitor dielectrics are breaking
down or something similar.  They are really only rated for 1 KW and they
were manufactured when the legal power was 1 KW input.  So they were
probably designed to routinely handle 750W or less.

73, Joe