[Amps] 4cx350f/j's

Steve Katz stevek@jmr.com
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 07:39:40 -0800

> Any of you fellas ever apply these to a project for amateur amplification?
> Is
> there any disadvantage to the 26.5 volts on the heater, or does it just
> heat
> quicker? Not much info on Rell's page via Richardson's Electronics. Let me
>
> know.
> Paul...N2TZV

	[Steve Katz]  The advantage of 4CX350Fs is that they're often found
new surplus very inexpensively.  I've used them for many years, can't tell
any difference in operation between the 350F and a 250B, and never had to
perform any circuit alterations other than the filament transformer.  I
don't recall the 350F heating up any quicker than a 250B -- and I always
used a 120 second timer to assure warmup prior to hitting the tube with
drive, plate or screen voltage. -WB2WIK/6