[Amps] Re: Amps digest, Vol 1 #395 - 7 msgs

Vic Rosenthal rakefet@rakefet.com
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 11:40:53 -0800

monkcb360 smith wrote:

> Re: Solid State Amp (Henry)
>
>   My experience with solid state amps is with "CB" types, but they can't be
> that much different. Every time I have seen one set of transistors on one
> board burn out the balancing resistor on the combiner burns out also. The
> value is usually around 100 ohms. Sometimes the base to ground resistors (10
> ohms) also burn out.

I checked the balancing resistors in both the splitter and the combiner and they
were OK.  The resistors on the board look OK (they're hard to check without
removing components); but anyway I tried with a spare board and had the same
result.  And the idle current adjusted nicely, before I applied drive.

Vic K2VCO