[Amps] AB1 vs AB2 ???

ad5gb ad5gb@myway.com
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 22:18:13 -0500 (EST)

Greetings Amps gurus,

Happy Holidays and special thanks to all who've been so helpful to me over the past year!  It means a great deal to me.

I'm wondering if someone can explain why AB2 GG service is more linear than AB2 grid-driven service?  I've been working with my latest project ( still on paper ) which is a pair of 4-400As and it appears that all other things being equal, about 200-250 watts more is available in AB2 operation than is available in AB1.  I guess I understand why this is but don't quite understand why AB2 grid-driven service gives poor linearity yet AB2 cathode-driven service is acceptable.

I decided to try grid driven service because it simplifies bandswitching ( given the parts in my junkbox ) and in passive configuration, makes for construction simplicity ( no tuned input needed ).

Again.... many thanks to all and Happy Holidays

RD

--
Microsoft is NOT the answer
Microsoft is the question and the answer is NO!

Proud to be 100% Microsoft Free

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.