[Amps] AB1 vs AB2 ???

ad5gb ad5gb@myway.com
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 12:08:44 -0500 (EST)

Greetings,

Thanks Rich, for the explanation and idea.  I have a 3300V xfmr which should give about 4600V.  If I did want to use this thing for RTTY (which is unlikely) I wonder about this idea:  Make the power supply switchable. That is switchable between choke (nonresonant) and cap input.  The only problem I see then would be that the tank circult becomes a bit more complicated.... that big of a voltage difference would surely require significantly different L values, no?

Ideas?

> Rich wrote....
**  True enough, however, by increasing an AB1 stage's anode supply V by
the amount of the screen-V (800V in this case), the anode-screen V will
be the same as in AB2 cathode-driven/grounded-grid, so the output in AB1
will be quite similar to that in AB2.  Thus, the output from a g-g/AB2
config operating at 4000V will be c. the same as grid-driven AB1 config
operating at 4800V.   For 4-400As in AB1/SSB, 4800V is do-able.  For AŘ
or RTTY, forgetaboutit.

--
Microsoft is NOT the answer
Microsoft is the question and the answer is NO!

Proud to be 100% Microsoft Free

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.