[Amps] virus?

COLIN LAMB k7fm@teleport.com
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 7:7:19 -0700

I switched to AVG about a year ago and like it a lot.  I had McAfee and it
worked, but after awhile I begin feeling like McAfee was a virus.  They
have numerous unwanted mailings to tout their programs.  It was taking
control of my computer whenever the merchandisers wanted to for their
benefit and not mine.

AVG sits there and works and lets me update on my schedule - without mass
mailings.

Two of the reasons I switched were because my computer was infected with a
virus which
caused all sorts of problems and disabled the virus protection program.
The next day I got a mailing from McAfee warning me of the virus.  The
other problem was that I originally had the free version then updated
online.  These two conflicted and caused a number of problems.  They should
have written the software to prevent that.

I suppose there are many good things with McAfee, but virus protection was
supposed to make my life simpler.  It did not.

Colin  k7FM