[Amps] DC On tube filaments

wl fuqua wlfuqu00@uky.edu
Wed, 09 Oct 2002 15:11:24 -0400

The only problem that I can see (and this effect should be small) is that
the more negative end of the filament of a directly heated cathode would
emit less current than the positive. In some cases like a 250th one end of
the cathode is at the top and the other is at the bottom. So one end of the
plate would dissipate more current than the other.  In the case of say a
304tl or th  one pair of plate would have slightly more current than the
other. But I expect that a few volts difference would not cause much of a
problem.

73
Bill wa4lav