[Amps] How light can you make a 500W amplifier?

Rich 2@vc.net
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 02:07:42 -0700

The lightest weight power supply would likely be a voltage-multiplier
type operating direct from the electric mains.  With a x6 V multiplier
and 230V mains, c. 1600vdc could be produced for c, 1kg in ps weight.
With a 4cx800, 1600v would produce >500w.  A foolproof screen supply
could be derived from the anode supply using a zener-string shunt
regulator.   My guess is thar a total weight of 4kg should be do-able.