[Amps] voltage multiplier shown

Steve Katz stevek@jmr.com
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 12:51:42 -0700

Hi Dudley,

The DTR-2000 used a voltage tripler?  I don't recall that...do you have a
schematic?  It's certainly an unusual application for a 1A supply.

Of course I am aware that many amps use doublers; this is normally as high a
multiplication factor as is found in such applications.

Would love to see the DTR-2000 schematic, look up the capacitor values and
calculate regulation & ripple.  Ripple at 1Adc using a tripler is
predictably not good...but, then, as I recall I think the DTR-2000 applied
close to 6V on the 8877 heater under normal line conditions, leading to lots
of premature tube failures.

WB2WIK/6

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." -
Mario Andretti