[Amps] How light can you make a 500W amplifier?

yo9fzs yo9fzs@office.deck.ro
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 12:09:35 +0200

The E class 7MHz CW only amplifier article was
published in the May 1997 QST.
Two versions were described in the first part,
a 300W (IRFP440) and 500W out (IRFP450).
The second part described a linear keyed PS.
Later, in the jan/feb 2001 QEX a keyed
switching PS was presented.

I found long time ago these articles as pdf files on the www.
Also found other files for a 400W 13.56MHz E class ( IRFP450),
a 200W 10MHz E class (IRFP440) and 7MHz 1 kW E/F2 class
(two STW20NB50) amplifier designs, all from the same author.
I can send these files to anyone interested.
Of course, all these are not linear amplifiers.

73's,
Traian