[Amps] Heathkit HL-2200 Amp Help

Dan Fitch oldjags@cfl.rr.com
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 17:48:01 -0500

Unsuccessful with my first post - wrong return address.  I hope this doesn't
result in two posts.

I've been lurking here and reading the informative mail for a few weeks.
What an informative list.

Although I'm an old fart, I'm new to the world of big amps and looking for
sources of parts for a Heathkit HL-2200 (pair of 3-500s in g-g).  I picked
one up via E-bay for cheap, honestly listed as a parts-source.  I found it
to be in good shape and largely intact, although it had been converted to
11-Meters - the 80-20M tank coil, band switch wafers and input circuitry are
all missing.  Any help I can get in finding those parts and restoring it to
legitimacy would be sincerely appreciated.

Since I need to rebuild that area anyway, I'm considering an upgrade to
cover 80-10, including the WARC bands.  Anyone have success with that on
this amp?  Will Heathkit SB-220 parts do the job?

Thanks for your patience and advice.

73' de Dan, KB4L