[Amps] RE: [701A Tube

COLIN LAMB k7fm@teleport.com
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 21:7:54 -0700

THe 701A tube is a WWII radar pulse tube.  It has high interelectrode
capacity which makes it less useful on 10 and 15 meters.  In the 50's, it
was sold surplus for $1.95.  You will need to make your own socket (slit
copper tubing).
With 2,000 volts on the plate and 12 volts of cathode bias, static plate
current will be 75 ma.  Plate dissipation is about 200 watts.  A pair
should draw 400 ma.  Filament is 7.5 volts at 7.5 amps.

Might make a great fishing float - or perhaps NASA will want them to keep
some of the old spacecraft going.

73,  Colin  K7FM