[Amps] Connections to RB3 Relays

Bob Maser bmaser at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Aug 11 23:01:52 EDT 2003

Now that I have the 3 RB3 DPDT Jennings relays, which I plan to use for
bandswitching my new amp,  I need some advice on how to connect 1/2" wide
silver plated strap (.020" thick) to the posts of the relays.  2 of the
relays have N300 connectors. They are nothing more than a single wrap of
some kind of plated material and they have eyelets on one side.  They just
don't look big enough to solder to the 1/2" strap.  The other relay has
these little knobby looking silver plated mini blimps that connect to the
posts with 2 tiny set screws, not hex.  It appears to me that the bare posts
cannot be soldered to as they look like they are made of steel or tungsten,
definitely not plated.  My plan is to connect all of the commons together
and then connect the normally open contacts to the L1 and L2 coils, shorting
as I go up in frequency (Pi-L).

Any ideas?

Bob  W6TR