[Amps] friendly browser for bama manuals plus

skipp isaham nospam4me at juno.com
Wed Aug 13 22:41:05 EDT 2003

re: Downloading Amp Manuals from Bama and
the Sonic Server

For those of you trying to download manuals and web
items from bama and the http://sonic.ucdavis.edu
servers.
-
MS Internet Exploder and Netscape have a lot
of "overhead", some of it actually keeping track
of what you're doing. It's hard and slow to obtain
certain web access when using said.
-
The most practical answer is Mozilla, which
is a really nice web browser and has a version
with Email. It's a non profit group, working like
Linux does, although all OS's are supported.
-
In short, http://mozilla.org is a freeware browser
project without all the poop. You can down-
load and install the fast Mozilla Firebird web
browser which is one of the best around, and
quite fast.  It also doesn't care where you plan
to shop next.
-
The regular version has an Email module built
in, the Firebird version is a very fast web browser
only.
-
ITS FREE PEOPLE and it works just great. I
cant stand to go back to the previously
mentioned "browser packages".  Consider
trying at least the Firebird Browser and I'm
sure you'll be very happy with it.  Since it
can and does emulate IE and Netscape,
bama and other web sites like it mucho...
-
chow for now
skipp
-