[Amps] None

Thomas Hix w4th at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 27 12:34:05 EDT 2003

Hello fellow Hams;
I posted a question yesterday asking if any of you had ever been contacted
by a "procurement company" from overseas in reference to an amp you had
listed for sale on the ham classified sites.
I did some more investigating and found out that such offers are definitely
a scam.
The way it works is this.....they send you a counterfeit cashiers check that
even your bank will tell you is a good check.....you think you have a good
cashiers check so you release your item to the thief's shipper.....then in a
week or two after your item is long gone you find out the check has been
returned and you are left holding the proverbial bag as it were.
Thanks to all those of you how sent me mail on this.
73
Tom....w4th

Tom's Tubes: Specializing in Amateur Radio Amplifier Tubes, Sockets, & G3SEK
Triode/Tetrode Boards and Kits.   http://www.tomstubes.com