[Amps] anyone else been contacted?

Chris Pedder chris at g3vbl.co.uk
Fri Aug 29 14:27:55 EDT 2003

At 14:04 28/08/2003 -0400, Jeff wrote:
>I recently purchased a pro audio amp (2200 watts ave.) from a seller that
>didn't know me from Adam. I asked where to send the check, and he replied,
>
>"Here is how I'll do it. I'll send the amp to you. You use it for a week and
>see if it works out good for you. If it does, send a check. If not, just
>ship it back."
>
>He sent it right out the next day and it arrived several days later in
>perfect condition. I couldn't believe it!  Since being trusted means a lot
>to me, I made sure he got paid quickly.
>
>Just a refreshing story in a day and age where "good business practice" has
>taken on such new meaning.
>
>Jeff - K1LE - CT ><>

I'm glad you had such a pleasant experience but, sadly, it doesn't always
work like that. In May 2001 these was a request on this reflector for
3CX1200A7 chimneys from <thomas.haglund at comtech-data.se>. I let him have a
couple of these at my cost, around $50 the pair including postage to
Sweden, but after a year of excuses I more or less gave up trying to get
the very small sum from him.

I'm tempted to use one of our 'cheap' flights to Sweden to bring court
proceedings (even though it would cost me more than the amount owed!) but I
guess it's not worth it...... and that's what he is relying on. There was a
time when you could automatically trust someone simply because he had a
licence but, alas, not any more.

Chris G3VBL/8P9EM