[Amps] 220V service for amplifier

ka1xo at juno.com ka1xo at juno.com
Thu Dec 4 09:33:39 EST 2003

Dear Paul,

I read your posting about the Alpha 77 series primary a.c. wiring
shortcomings.

My question is how does this affect taking my 77Sx into hotel
rooms?

Rich Measures already suggested using the Galaxy to airship
me 'n the rig around, and now you're confusing the issue with
4 wire connections.

Don't you think it's difficult enough unscrewing the light bulb
and screwing in that Y-shaped thingy-dingy with a bulb in one side and
a cord-plug in the other?

The sign by the desk says, "No hotplates."

Well, the '77 doesn't get too hot, but that black and white cotton
covered cord hanging from the ceiling sure warms up when I hit the "HV"
button and the red light comes on.

Oh, by the way, gang, I found a real good website for trusses.....

Hal
'XO/2