[Amps] 4pr-1000b,Y448 tubes

Ve6wz_Steve ve6wz at shaw.ca
Thu Dec 11 21:42:45 EST 2003

The short summary from my inquiry is that the 4PR-1000 is essentially
the same device as the 4-1000 except it can survive higher plate
voltages because it used in that type of service.  HF Ham performance
would be similar between the two.

There appears to be limited data and experience using the Y448 from
National.  The most notable difference seems to be that this tube takes
around 28-30 amps on the filament compared to around 20 for the 4-1000
series.

....BTW...the anode on my 4pR-1000 glows a real pretty bright orange : )

Thanks to all who responded to my e-mail.

de steve ve6wz. http://www.qsl.net/ve6wz/index.html