[Amps] Home Built Amp E-bay

W.F van Wyk zs6arf at telkomsa.net
Sat Dec 13 09:03:15 EST 2003

Various comments on this e-bay listing refer.

Looking at the pictures one thought did strike me, notwithstanding the appearance and shoddy construction technique
the builder was no dummy.

I notice adherence too the basics like proper shielding separation of input  / output, proper grounding etc.

As the e-bay comment by seller say ... most hideous amp ever built .. maybe ... but I would feel comfortable
designing and building amps with who ever gave birth to that unit.

PS I see from time to time requests for circuits for amps I have an extensive collection in pdf, jpg, gif, word formats,
mostly for the glass tubes which I have been collecting over the years. I have also copies of most circuits that appeared in QST and other magazines,
and the older ARRL Handbooks. If in need these are available for the asking via e-mail.

73

Wynand
ZS6ARF