[Amps] Re: Amps Digest, Vol 12, Issue 41

K3vw at aol.com K3vw at aol.com
Sat Dec 20 16:30:43 EST 2003

I do not agree that the 1200 is better than the 1500 and here is why. The
1500 has only 50 watts of filament wattage verses the 1200 at 150 watts. The 1500
does not need a neutralizing capacitor at the tube, the 1200 does and will
oscilate if that little neutralizing circuit changes for some reason. The 1200
wants more than 100 watts drive for full output, the 1500 needs 65 watts for
1500 watts output. They cost about the same, depending on where you buy them. I
have been using 8877's for over 30 years now without one failure!! Some guy's
cry about the 25 watt grid, what about the 4 watt grid in the 3CX800A7??? I
have worked on several 1200's because they blew the tubes!!  Nuff said?