[Amps] Vacuum relays in Dentron MLA-2500

Vic Rosenthal vic at rakefet.com
Sat Dec 27 11:22:59 EST 2003

Pete Smith wrote:

> Well, I'm perplexed.  My braid connections are not rigid, I used a small
> vacuum relay for the input side, and absolutely silent is never a term
> I'd use.  Maybe I could have done something different, but it's hard to
> know what....

Hi Pete,

I mounted my relays two different ways: 1) suspended in a hole slightly
larger than the relay by three dollops of silicone sealer (the method
Rich recommends) and held in a slightly larger hole by three pieces of
rubber strip supplied by K4MSG, from whom I bought the relays.  I've
used both RJ1A's and HC-1's.  Connections are made by strips of copper
foil about 3/32" (2.4mm) wide and 0.005" (0.13mm) thick (I got the foil
at a hobby shop).  The strips are bent in little loops so they are flexible.

I can't hear them over the blowers, so maybe I COULD hear them if the
blowers weren't operating, but they're still very quiet.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco