[Amps] Vacuum relays in Dentron MLA-2500

R.Measures r at somis.org
Sun Dec 28 03:55:07 EST 2003

>This link shows the QSK conversion of my solid state ICOM IC2KL HF amp.
>It includes some pictures of the relay bracket and suspension.
>The execution is done in accordance to the recommendations of Rich Measures.
>Since no 110 VDC was available I have modified the hot shot circuit a bit.

**  The requsite 100 - 160 VDC to operate the high-speed switching
speedup  circuit may be obtained via a halfwave rectifier/C-filter from
either one of the L wires in a 240V circuit, or from the L wire in a 120V
circuit.   The resultant current of c. 85mA in the N wire may be of
concern to Dudley Doright types, but #12 Cu seems to be able to carry
this current with no ill effects.  (see Figure 7 on Web site)