[Amps] 3.5 kV 2A REGULATED Power Supply: Schematic ?

Dr. William J. Schmidt, II bill at wjschmidt.com
Mon Dec 29 18:29:18 EST 2003

 <<**  Ian -- For AB2, yes, but for AB1, control grid V-stability matters not
since there is no grid current. >>

Look.  It does not matter if the tube draws grid current or not.  If there is
any signal impressed on the grid voltage via any means, it can lead to
distortion.    It’s a simple concept.  Regulation of the bias voltage is one
way, then, to ensure that it does not happen.  The better regulated the bias
supply is (e.g. the lower the Z of the supply) the less likely this is to
happen.  Here is a test:  will the amplifier's unit impulse or step response
will be different with poorly regulated supplies?

Sincerely,

Dr. William J. Schmidt, II K9HZ
Trustee of the North American QRO - Central Division Club - K9ZC

"Collector of Edison Wind-up Phonographs... Do you have one for me?"
Email: bill at wjschmidt.com
Alternate Email: wmschmidt at charter.net
WebPage: www.wjschmidt.com