[Amps] Really Big Solid State Power Amplifiers

Larry Kayser kayser at sympatico.ca
Wed Dec 17 18:22:35 EST 2003

Steve Thompson wrote:

> Very tricky, unless.......

Yes, I am on your side on this one.  Maybe it is an issue that is simply
not really understood well enough to have a general case solution yet.
I have studied what does work enough to know that some of what I see in
commercial designs is the result of much experience and very close
control of the range of applications.

One thing I have determined is that variations in the load, even very
short operns , shorts and changes in the load can cause catastrophic
failures instantaneously in the FM broadcast TX's.  If I have a sense of
an area that needs attention  - this is the area for the first attention.

Larry
VA3LK