[Amps] Help ! Hard Fault 99

W0UN--John Brosnahan shr at medinaec.com
Sun Feb 2 22:34:19 EST 2003

Hi, Jamie--

I didn't mean to send the copy of the Glenn note to the reflector!    ;-)
But now that I have I guess I will continue.  Without the error code
I don't know what to tell you.  The AC mains issue is only one
scenario that comes to mind.  And I copied the reply to the reflector
for the education of other readers--not to embarrass anyone!    ;-)
I am especially bad about not reading manuals--computer manuals
specifically!

Basically Eimac specs filament voltage at +/- 5%.   And 5% of
240 volts (the tap you set) is 12 volts.  240 volts minus 12 volts
is 228 volts as a lower limit.  You say your line voltage is 230 volts
+/- 5 volts.   Or 225 to 235 volts.   If it drops to 225 then it is outside
the range of the 240 volt tap and its +/- 5% range.   So I think a line
voltage issue is a distinct possibility--maybe even a probability.
You need to set your line voltage tap to the proper one for your
line voltage and also contact CrossLink about resetting the fault 99.

I have three Alpha 87As--although that does not make me an
expert on faults.    I have had very, very few over the 10+ years
that I have owned 87As.

Good luck--John   W0UN