[Amps] Operations/precautions Manual for Club

Steve Katz stevek at jmr.com
Tue Feb 11 15:40:46 EST 2003

I think you've hit the important points.

Biggest mistake I see newbies make when tuning up amplifiers is watching
output and plate current while ignoring grid current, and cooking grids.  I
watch output and grid current, and tend to ignore plate current, and my
3-500ZGs will probably outlive me.   The pair of 3-500Zs in my old Henry 3K
(filament voltage properly adjusted!) were the same after 25 years as they
were when new....

WB2WIK/6

"Success is the ability to go from failure to failure with no loss of
enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill