[Amps] 1920V @ 2.0 KVA transformer on eBay

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Fri Feb 14 08:14:00 EST 2003

At 08:55 PM 2/13/03 -0500, Dan Fitch wrote:
>I stumbled across this and thought one of the gang might be interested.  No
>bids so far and starting at $49.  Split primary 120/240V.  A Canadian
>address.  Advertised for use in a Jacobs Ladder.... Sigh.
>
>The item #: 3310575492.  The URL is:
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4665&item=3310575492

What sort of voltage/current would this transformer give in a voltage
doubling circuit with a capacitor input filter?  Sorry, but I really don't
have a clue how to compute this, or even how to look it up.  I'm hoping
this is an easy, top-of-the-head for someone.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated 1 Feb 03.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm