[Amps] KNOB ORIENTATION

Alek Petkovic vk6apk at eon.net.au
Thu Feb 27 08:08:08 EST 2003

Remember my posting, yesterday, about Nichrome suppressors?

Well, after carefully studying all the postings on this Knob Orientation
thread, I ripped them out and put the old ones back.

Instead, I upped the size of the tune and load cap knobs to 2" plus 3/8"
skirts. I was very careful, however, not to alter the bandswitch knob even
though I had a suitable matching knob.

Initial tests are very encouraging to say the least. The amp is rock steady
and power output is up. I've been able to dispense with the cooling fan as
well as the tubes now stay stone cold at full grunt. In addition, I now
have my incoming mains power meter going backwards when the amp is on
receive standby. It is a real money saver.

To all the contributors who have made all this possible, I salute you.

Ya bunch o' loonies! Hi hi.

73, Alek
VK6APK