[Amps] Tank Coil replacement with Toroid Core coil

Radio WC6W wc6w at juno.com
Thu Feb 27 09:06:10 EST 2003

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 10:58:06 EST MorgusMagnificen at aol.com writes:

Hi Eric,

> Bill:
>        I am still trying to come up with a feasible design for you, for
> toroidal replacement 80M coil. Meanwhile, you probably noticed the
posting
> RE: a coil advertised for sale by WC6W, that was advertised as a MM
T400-2
> core (with a winding of 20 turns in place.)

   That's a T200-2A core.... note the A on the end.  This unit has twice
the cross-sectional area of a T200-2 core; Therefore, the balance of your
analysis is in error.

   I observed the mate to this part in use a KW amp. (a pair of 4CX250F's
at 2KV)... 20 years ago.

> Ferrites are not highly stable materials, and it takes a very small
temperature rise to
> knock a  high-Q tank circuit out of resonance.

   This is an Iron Powder core, not a Ferrite.

> 73
> Eric von Valtier K8LV

73 & Good morning,
   Marv  WC6W