[Amps] Use of stainlees steel in RF environment

2 2 at vc.net
Fri Feb 28 09:18:42 EST 2003

Yes.  Stainless-steel typically contains high amounts of Ni and Cr.
Thus, it is quite similar to resistance-wire and it can be expected to
heat when carrying very much RF current.  Because of it's high R, I used
stainless-steel shimstock to construct the vhf suppressor for a 4cx3000A
amplifier. [see website] However, for bolting together Cu, or Cu-Zn
(brass) straps carrying substantial RF-current, stainless-steel
screws/nuts work ok.