[Amps] Need help with HB 8877 project

Bob Maser bmaser@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 1 Jan 2003 20:26:36 -0500

I am new to this reflector so let me introduce myself.  Bob Maser W6TR and I
am in the Tampa, Florida area.  I am in the process of building up an amp
that will use a pair of 8877's.  My plan is to use a B&W 852 inductor and
wonder if it will take the currents.  The P.S. will be 3800 to 4000VDC for a
plate load impedance of ±1500 - 1700 ohms, which I think means that it will
see 10A at resonance. I also have a Johnson 226-1 rotary inductor but I
would really go with the switch instead of the crank. I really only operate
20 and 75 ssb although the amp will be capable of 15 to 75.

I also need some guidance as to what "glue" should I be using to make the
chimneys.  I have a supply of Silicone rubber sheet 1/8" thick that I'll be
using above the teflon standard issue chimneys like Alpha does.

Thanks