[Amps] Switch Help Needed

dan hearn dhearn@ix.netcom.com
Thu, 02 Jan 2003 11:23:12 -0800

Hi Phil: Have you looked into the ultrasonic gadgets used in
construction for measuring distance in rooms, etc.  A system of that
type would give an idea of actual water level in the tank and could be a
lot more useful than a single level detector. I believe I have also seen
a similar detector  used in parking a car in a garage to tell distance
from a wall.
  The simplest thing might be to connect one or more pressure switches
in the bottom pipe fitting on the tank. Plenty of pressure there to
activate it.

73, Dan, N5AR

Phil Clements wrote:
> Pardon the off-topic bandwidth, guys, but there are so
> many resident parts-savvy folks here that might have a source
> for me.
> I am in need of some switches that actuate when immersed
> in water. I am building some quantity indicators for the water
> tanks on the fire trucks @ my local fire dept.  I want to rig
> a light/alarm when the water level drops below a set value.
> Any ideas out there?
> Thanks,
> Phil, K5PC
> Clements Communications and Fire Equipment
> 410 VZ CR 4903
> Ben Wheeler, TX 75754
> (903)852-5211
> --- StripMime Report -- processed MIME parts ---
> multipart/alternative
>   text/plain (text body -- kept)
>   text/html
> ---
> _______________________________________________
> Amps mailing list
> Amps@contesting.com
> http://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/amps