[Amps] KVAR Caps Rating

qrp73@talk21.com qrp73@talk21.com
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 09:27:59 GMT+00:00

Could someone explain how the Kvar rating of doorknobs caps
are calculated. I have two caps one with a 30KVAR rating and one of 60 KVAR rating. Is it just E X I? What would the RF current ratings of these caps be?. One is 10KV and the other 12kv. I suppose the current would be calculated at one frequency, since the RF current rating would vary with frequency. I want use this cap as plate blocker for a 8169, not sure if its up to the job. I Dont want to take the chance blowing things up. These caps were probably broadcast band transmiter caps so the RF I rating would low at higher frequencies.

Thanks
Greg

Greg

Greg