[Amps] T'bolt ideas

2 2@vc.net
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 13:00:01 -0800

>What about AB2 cathode driven with both grids biased as grid driven.

**  with cathode driven, both grids would normally be at RF-ground.  If
the anode supply was c. 3500V, no DC grid V would be needed.  With
3000VDC, c. 6V+ on the screen would be needed to get the correct ZSAC.
However, in AB2 cathode driven, a tuned input with a Q of c. 2 would be
needed for each band.  About 130w is needed to drive a pair of 4-400s in
g-g, while under 80w is needed for AB1.